It is crucial to make a good first impression when people enter your company. In a world of fierce competition, the old saying “you can’t judge books by their covers” doesn’t apply. It is important to show your guests a clear representation of your core values and business model. Installing custom commercial entrance mats is a solid way to convey brand familiarity and aesthetic appeal. Customers and clients are likely to notice the cleanliness and smells of any establishment as their first impressions. Although you may laugh at the idea of a smell-deterrenting business, it has been shown that our senses of smell can sometimes cause anxiety or our “fight or flight” response.
The brain triggers the sensation of bad smells to signal it to our brain to evacuate the area. This is evident when you enter a restaurant that is near a bar. The anti-fatigue mats can become very unpleasant if they are not properly cleaned or not resistant to mold and mildew. This can lead to patrons choosing to sit at high-tops over the bar. The same can happen to the olfactory sense if the entry mat is heavily stained. Mats that are in poor repair, soiled or full of stagnant moisture can cause mold, mildew and other bacteria to naturally emit off-putting odors. You don’t want to make your clients and customers feel uncomfortable upon their first visit to your store. Customers and clients can be deterred by smells, but a messy and untidy floor space will also deter them.
Your goal as a business owner is to make your guests feel safe, comfortable, and welcome. A welcoming floor space creates a relaxing atmosphere that invites guests to spend their time. Retail shops need customers to stay longer. This is especially important for those who sell retail stores. The length of time that customers spend in your store directly correlates with their purchase amount. Installing commercial entry mats is a cost-effective and easy way to keep your store looking nice. This will not only keep your floors clean and safe for your guests, but it can also help to build brand awareness. A custom logo entrance mat will do double duty by keeping your floors clean and safe, as well as introducing your guests and customers to the brand that you have worked so hard to build and sustain. We’ll be discussing the advantages of commercial entry mats and the potential problems that could arise from them being absent from your showroom floor.
The Benefits of Installing Commercial Entry Mats
As we’ve discussed, smells and appearance are two of the most important things that people notice when they enter a business. If you’re curious about the third thing, it’s the kindness of employees. Let’s look at how commercial entry mats can make your store smell fresh and keep it clean between commercial cleanings. Let’s take a look at five benefits of installing commercial entry mats for your business.
- It’s the smell factor. Do you know that realtors bake chocolate chip cookies in an open-house kitchen? The scent of baked goods can invoke feelings of security, comfort, and belonging. It is a great way to make potential buyers feel at home in a new place. Business owners can use the power and comfort of smell to make sure customers feel safe and secure. The materials that get tracked into their business through their doors are one of the most important factors a business owner must fight to keep odors away. The battle to stop unwanted odors starts at the front door. A commercial entrance mat can help you win this battle. High-quality commercial entry mats will provide comfort for your customers and prevent dirt, soil, or other odorous particles from spreading throughout your store. It’s easier to remove odors from one area if they are contained in one place.
- Safety. Safety. Slip and fall injuries are the most common cause of small-business owners being sued. These accidents can be avoided by proper floor mat installation and maintenance. You have an obligation and a duty to protect customers from slips, falls, and you also have the responsibility to ensure that your employees are safe. Properly installing commercial entry mats will prevent moisture from entering the storeroom floor. This can create potential hazards and provide guests with a place to dry their shoes.
- Cleanliness. You can either clean your shop yourself or hire a professional to do it. Commercial entry mats will help you keep your business tidy between cleanings. An entry mat can save you and your employees valuable time. An entry mat allows dirt, debris, or grime to be collected and not spread on your floor. Properly installed mats of high quality will cover your entry and can withstand foot traffic. This can reduce dirt and debris from getting into your store’s deeper interior. It can also prevent potential hazards for you, your employees and your guests. An entry mat must be able to withstand dirt, debris, and moisture, without looking soiled. If the mat is made in such a manner that dirt from shoes’ bottoms is pulled into the mat fibers, it should be able resist dirt until it is cleaned. This keeps the mat’s top from getting dirty. If the mat is dirty, people may walk on it. This can render the mat practically useless.
- Marketing. A double-duty advantage of commercial entry mats is often overlooked. A custom logo mat with your brand’s name can be used to greet customers and build brand awareness. It is a great way for your business to increase its visual appeal. A custom logo entry mat shows that you care about your clients and customers. This mat also shows that you believe in your brand and want your clients to be able to recognize it.
- Floor protection. Floor protection is important. However, all that foot traffic can cause damage to your flooring. Protect the most used areas of your flooring with appropriate matting, whether you have hardwood floors, antique hardwood, or tile. An entryway mat can prevent your floor from becoming worn out faster than you expected and will save you money on replacements. A smart business decision is to install commercial entry mats. Commercial entry mats can help your business create a safe, clean, and hazard-free environment. Custom Logo mats can make a striking first impression and help to build brand awareness.
Your entry mats’ quality is important. High-quality entry mats should be strong enough to withstand foot traffic, retain moisture, and look clean between cleanings. Ultimate Mats employs a team of highly trained matting professionals who can help you choose the right size and type for your business. Click through to find the perfect fit today!